Exercises To Tonify Your Glutes
Exercises To Tonify Your Glutes
Some people like the glutes as they are in good round shape. Glutes are well nown for their power and strength, they actually consist of three separate muscles (the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus).
But not only do these muscles help you sit, walk, run, and jump, but they’re also famous for their curvaceous appearance. Like most other body parts, though, glutes can change in their tone and shape. And if your glutes aren’t as big as you’d like, there are forms to help boost the size of these types of muscles.
Let’s see some of the strategies you can try to kick your rear into gear to achieve the bigger, firmer booty you want.
Squats, both with and without dumbbells, give the glutes definition when positioned correctly.
- Stand up straight with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart.
- Bend your knees, sink backward as if you were about to sit in a chair behind you.
- Lower yourself down as low as you can go; most people make the mistake of not squatting down far enough.
Lunges are an effective way of toning and lifting your glutes. Perform them with or without hand weights for additional resistance.
- Stand up straight with your feet hip-width apart and your hands by your sides.
- Step forward with your right foot, bending your right knee until your quad is parallel with the ground.
- Straighten and return to center.
- Repeat with your left leg.
Donkey kicks -or bent leg kicks- work all the areas of your glutes, toning, lifting, and strengthening for a sexy bottom.
- Begin on your hands and knees with your hands beneath your shoulders and your knees hip-width apart.
- Lower down onto your forearms and kick your right leg out back behind you, straightening your leg.
- Pull your knee in toward your chest, then kick out again.
- Repeat for 12 reps, then switch legs.
Maintaining your balance on a constantly shifting surface forces your muscles to adjust quickly, which helps strengthen and tone.
To target your glutes, stand on a balance ball or board.
- Get your balance, then raise one leg into the air while you find your balance on the opposite foot.
- Hold for a count of five, release, and repeat on the other side.
Take care to push your weight into your heels throughout this movement to protect your knees.
Placing your feet on the stability ball provides great resistance and a balance challenge that will tone your glutes. This exercise can be done on a stability ball or with your feet on the ground.
- Lay on the ground on your back and place your feet on the stability ball or floor.
- Lay your arms along your sides.
- Keeping your shoulders and arms on the ground, raise your bum up off the floor, hold for a count of five, and release.
Set the incline on your treadmill to a minimum of a three percent grade to tone and strengthen your glutes. A slow walk at a high incline will prove surprisingly strenuous and will utilize your glute muscles.
A steep hike will provide the same benefits without the need to set foot in a gym.
Cardio is important for your heart’s health, but too much cardio may sabotage your efforts of building muscle.
Climbing stairs or using a stair stepper machine will provide you with a good cardio workout while also targeting the muscles that will help strengthen your glutes.
If you enjoy strength training at the gym, consider adding some reps on the glute machine to your circuit.
- Set the weights to the maximum you can handle 12 reps on without fatiguing or straining your muscles.
- Enter the machine from the side and place one knee on the pad and the opposite foot on the plate.
- Rest your forearms on the pads and contract your glute as you push your foot backwards against the footplate to lift the weight.
- Extend your leg upward in the full range of motion and slowly return to the starting point.
If you want a bigger, rounder, firmer bum right away, shapewear works best. Produced to lift and enhance what you already have, shapewear can help bring out your natural curves and make your butt look more defined.
To help lift and fill your derriere, most shapewear undergarments use a combination of removable butt lifting pads and compression material like spandex, which is strong, stretchable, and smooth
Start out slowly with just one set of each exercise. As the exercises get easier to do, you can work up to two or three sets of each.